Friday 8 October 2010

(free)lance-a-lot

Thursday 7th October, 2010
In order to supplement my somewhat meagre budget I am aiming to get some freelance work as well as pushing on with the book. So, scouring the web for such I happened upon a 10 article for $60 affair which was looking for said requisite number of articles on different (provided) subjects on Barcelona. No more than 300 words per article. Easy – been to Barcelona, know a smidge about Gaudí, well seen his work (you can’t exactly miss it in Barca), wham bam one article for review. Back onto website – project frozen. No! A potential 3 hours of work for $60 down the Swanney.
I have also applied spent my day applying for interesting work such as: Academic writing for TEFL courses and SEO content for plumbing websites; updating various profiles, CVs and skill-sets on numerous sites in the hope of getting some work. Now if anyone wants a dissertation on how difficult it is to permanently rid oneself of wasps, I’m your girl.
OK, so all this was supposed to happen on Wednesday, but I went shopping. This is no mean feat; it takes 30 minutes to get to the bottom of the mountain then onward from there. This time may reduce the more I have to do it but for now reaching the road at the bottom rather than the bottom of the gorge is my priority. Anyway, this is Spain…¡mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment