Wednesday 22 December 2010

¿Dónde está mi correos?

I think the postman is already in receipt of his Christmas bonus. He has failed to turn up for two days in a row now; not good. Not only is he failing to stand by his car and allow those of us who live in the wilds to collect our post, he hasn’t even bothered to deliver to the villagers. This is a sad state of affairs, particularly at Christmas when I am expecting a parcel with tea-bags in it! It is not as if he has to drive along the campo roads.


This was just a trickle last week

It has been raining for some 3 days now and heavily. There have been daily thunder storms with sheet lightning and rain drops so big I was convinced it was hail. This has had a rather detrimental effect on the campo roads. My drive in to the village was somewhat more sedate than normal and good job too; a slice of road has vanished down the hillside. The road is still passable though, but I am more than a little happy I invested in a 4x4.
Regarding the post, Sedella is going to be ‘upgraded’. A new post box has been installed in the village and boxes will be available for those of us who dwell in the campo.  I am definitely going to have to discover the whys and wherefores of this arrangement pronto or my mail could be lost in the Spanish ether. I am perfectly convinced I shall have to pay for the box, but we shall see. I hope that the ‘open all hours’ shop starts to sell stamps otherwise the post-box is going to be somewhat under-utilised!
After half an hour standing idly in the rain chatting with other campo dwellers, I gave up and resorted to café con leche in Rafa’s bar. The TV was showing the draw for El Gordo (the fat one), Spain’s enormous annual lottery draw. This is a long drawn out affair with children singing the numbers and interviews with the president and the like. I hope someone in the village wins, there’d be a BIG party!
Speaking of parties there is a bit of a do tomorrow in the village. The school children will be performing and there will be food and drink. I shall make my way in and enjoy the festivities. You never know the postman might just show his face for free food!

Bamboo in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment